Today we are going to practise listening and also look at some of the language used to describe news events. Here are your instructions.
1. You will soon listen to the BBC World Service five-minute news bulletin. What stories do you think will come up?
2. What words do you think you will hear when you listen to the bulletin?
3. Listen here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/audioconsole/?stream=news_bulletin
4. What stories came up? What good words did you hear? Listen again to check.
5. Compare with a classmate.
6. Listen again.